• About
  • Privacy Policy
  • Disclaimer
  • Contact

Ebook epub download

  • Home
  • How To Download
  • Computer
  • Engineering
  • Medical
  • Mystery
Home » Comics » Teen Titans Vol. 2: The Culling

Teen Titans Vol. 2: The Culling

admin
Add Comment
Comics
Friday, January 11, 2013

Teen Titans Vol. 2: The Culling

Author: SCOTT LOBDELL Brett Booth | Language: English | ISBN: B00BUSN8GY | Format: PDF

Teen Titans Vol. 2: The Culling Description


The Culling is upon us! The Teen Titans finally came together during their assault on Project N.O.W.H.E.R.E.'s headquarters, but them and their newfound allies are met with instant adversity.
  • Product Details
  • Table of Contents
  • Reviews
  • File Size: 145149 KB
  • Print Length: 192 pages
  • Publisher: DC (June 25, 2013)
  • Sold by: Amazon Digital Services, Inc.
  • Language: English
  • ASIN: B00BUSN8GY
  • Text-to-Speech: Not enabled
  • X-Ray:
    Not Enabled
  • Lending: Not Enabled
  • Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #64,033 Paid in Kindle Store (See Top 100 Paid in Kindle Store)
So I bought Teen Titans, Vol. 1: It's Our Right to Fight (The New 52) and Superboy Vol. 1: Incubation (The New 52), liked them both, and was very interested to see how those stories were going to scope out. However, I was very hesitant to read "The Culling: Rise of the Ravagers" for two main reasons. One: I hadn't read Legion Lost Vol. 1: Run From Tomorrow (The New 52), the other prelude to this event. Two: the main theme I kept seeing from pretty much every internet source that offered reviews for this book was that the Culling was absolutely terrible, God Awful, that I should stay away from it at all costs, etc. I was eager to see how the stories played out and this "big event" that the Teen Titans and Superboy had played up to though. So I did what I do for most book purchases I'm a little wary of making and that was go to a book store on a day I had enough free time and read it there to see if it was worth it.

Well, here's what I found. It's in no way as bottom of New 52 barrel as the consensus let's on (trust me, I've been getting into these New 52 books for months and this is very far from one of the worst I've read). Although, I will admit there is a definite lack of depth factor that keeps me from quantifying The Culling as anything spectacular. It's pretty much got the same art style present from the works preluding it.
I liked the first Teen Titans volume of the New 52. I thought there were some interesting possibilities in the reinvention of this team, with a foreshadowing of some interesting villains, in particular. This second volume, unfortunately, let me down. The primary threat in the first volume was the group N.O.W.H.E.R.E., which has been rounding up super-powered youths for their own, presumably nefarious purposes. In that book, the Titans had gone after NOWHERE in an attempt to rescue Superboy, who had defected from NOWHERE after a fight with the Titans. The book ended with a cliffhanger, as, after freeing Superboy, the Titans are held immobile by a new villain, Harvest, the apparent head of the secret organization.

Unfortunately, due to a crossover, the action shifted to the Legion Lost title, a now-defunct and largely unlamented DC series. A lot must have happened in that book because a lot of what takes place in this followup Titans title doesn't make much sense without that prior knowledge.

The book opens with Red Robin being tortured, apparently being turned into an actual bird at the hands of a new villain called Omen, who has the power to reshape reality. The other Titans look on in helpless horror as Robin is manipulated, until Omen frees him and picks a new victim, Wonder Girl. Robin wakes up in another part of the complex, unsure of just how much he was experiencing was real. In the next few sequences, Omen repeatedly puts the Titans through the wringer, shaking their confidence. Harvest then orders that they be taken to "the colony.

Teen Titans Vol. 2: The Culling Preview

Link

Please Wait...

0 Response to "Teen Titans Vol. 2: The Culling"

← Newer Post Older Post → Home
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)

Label

  • Art
  • Biography
  • Business
  • Children
  • Comics
  • Computer
  • Cookbooks
  • Craft
  • Education
  • Engineering
  • Health
  • History
  • Humor
  • Literature
  • Medical
  • Mystery
  • Parenting
  • Politics
  • Religion
  • Romance
  • Science
  • Science Fiction
  • Self Help
  • Sports
  • Teen
  • Travel

Page

  • Home
  • DPAG
Powered by Blogger.
Copyright 2013 Ebook epub download - All Rights Reserved Design by Mas Sugeng - Powered by Blogger and Google