What To Say When You Talk To Your Self Author: Dr. Shad Helmstetter | Language: English | ISBN:
B0055DW3WA | Format: EPUB
What To Say When You Talk To Your Self Description
Product Description
The international Self-Talk best-seller, updated in this new eBook edition.
Each of us is programmed from birth on, and as much as 75% or more of our programming may be negative or working against us. In this newly updated and revised eBook edition, Shad Helmstetter shows the reader how to erase and replace past mental programs with healthy, new programs that can be positively life-changing. Considered by many to be one of the most important and helpful personal growth books ever written.
About the Author
Shad Helmstetter, Ph.D., is the best-selling author of more than a dozen books in the field of personal growth. His books are published in over 64 countries worldwide. He has appeared on more than 1200 radio and television programs including Oprah Winfrey, and ABC, CBS, NBC, and CNN News.
- File Size: 332 KB
- Print Length: 256 pages
- Publisher: Park Avenue Press; 1 edition (June 9, 2011)
- Sold by: Amazon Digital Services, Inc.
- Language: English
- ASIN: B0055DW3WA
- Text-to-Speech: Enabled
X-Ray:
- Lending: Enabled
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #9,556 Paid in Kindle Store (See Top 100 Paid in Kindle Store)
- #36
in Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Nonfiction > Self-Help > Personal Transformation
- #36
in Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Nonfiction > Self-Help > Personal Transformation
I tend to lean mostly to those books one would consider as "spiritual" but this is a book I have no qualms in recommending to those who may not be that enthusiastic about the "spiritual side" of life even though I know in my heart that all things - regardless of what they may look like - are spiritual at the deepest level of things.
This was a book I got when I was desperately looking for things to get me out of the hole I had dug for myself. I had to come to terms with the fact that I was responsible for my life. I could no longer blame my parents, or my teachers, or former priests or preachers...I was responsible for me. How scary! How intimidating! How freeing! How liberating! The first thing I had to come face to face with was how I was relating to myself because how we relate to ourselves is usually the same way we relate to the world and I became painfully aware that I was relating to myself in a not so friendly of a manner.
I thought I was a loser, a disappointment, a failure. I thought I was a mistake, an accident, God's screw-up. It's terrible the things we call ourselves. But then I looked at my world and it seemed as though I had every right to call myself these things because my world reflected these thoughts. I had no idea that there was a direct correlation between my inner thoughts and my outer world. We can keep nothing a "secret" to the universe because the universe will always gladly reproduce our deepest beliefs. "Oh, you think you are a loser?" BAM "Here's something to make you think the way..." "Oh, you feel like a dissapointment?" WHAM "How's this for disappointing?
What To Say When You Talk To Your Self Preview
Link
Please Wait...