What to Say When you Talk To Yourself Mass Market Author: Visit Amazon's Shad Helmstetter Page | Language: English | ISBN:
0671708821 | Format: EPUB
What to Say When you Talk To Yourself Mass Market Description
About the Author
Shad Helmstetter, PhD, (ShadHelmstetter.com) is the bestselling author of
What To Say When You Talk to Your Self,
Who Are You Really and What Do You Want, and ten other life-changing books. His books are published in many languages in more than sixty-four countries worldwide. Dr. Helmstetter is one of the most respected behavioral researchers of our time and has appeared on more than 1,200 radio and television programs, including repeat appearances on
The Oprah Winfrey Show, ABC, NBC, CBS, and CNN News.
- Mass Market Paperback: 256 pages
- Publisher: Pocket Books (January 15, 1990)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0671708821
- ISBN-13: 978-0671708825
- Product Dimensions: 6.8 x 4.3 x 0.7 inches
- Shipping Weight: 12.6 ounces (View shipping rates and policies)
I tend to lean mostly to those books one would consider as "spiritual" but this is a book I have no qualms in recommending to those who may not be that enthusiastic about the "spiritual side" of life even though I know in my heart that all things - regardless of what they may look like - are spiritual at the deepest level of things.
This was a book I got when I was desperately looking for things to get me out of the hole I had dug for myself. I had to come to terms with the fact that I was responsible for my life. I could no longer blame my parents, or my teachers, or former priests or preachers...I was responsible for me. How scary! How intimidating! How freeing! How liberating! The first thing I had to come face to face with was how I was relating to myself because how we relate to ourselves is usually the same way we relate to the world and I became painfully aware that I was relating to myself in a not so friendly of a manner.
I thought I was a loser, a disappointment, a failure. I thought I was a mistake, an accident, God's screw-up. It's terrible the things we call ourselves. But then I looked at my world and it seemed as though I had every right to call myself these things because my world reflected these thoughts. I had no idea that there was a direct correlation between my inner thoughts and my outer world. We can keep nothing a "secret" to the universe because the universe will always gladly reproduce our deepest beliefs. "Oh, you think you are a loser?" BAM "Here's something to make you think the way..." "Oh, you feel like a dissapointment?" WHAM "How's this for disappointing?
What to Say When you Talk To Yourself Mass Market Preview
Link
Please Wait...