Appalachian Trials: A Psychological and Emotional Guide To Thru-Hike the Appalachian Trail Author: Zach Davis | Language: English | ISBN:
0985090103 | Format: EPUB
Appalachian Trials: A Psychological and Emotional Guide To Thru-Hike the Appalachian Trail Description
About the Author
Zach Davis is an Appalachian Trail thru-hiker, writer, and uncompromising dream chaser with a passionate disdain for convention. You can read more of his adventures at http://www.theGoodBadger.com
- Paperback: 172 pages
- Publisher: Good Badger Publishing (February 8, 2012)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0985090103
- ISBN-13: 978-0985090104
- Product Dimensions: 9 x 6 x 0.4 inches
- Shipping Weight: 10.6 ounces (View shipping rates and policies)
I purchased this book on Kindle a few days ago and actually took notes. The wife is asking if I feel OK(I've never taken notes of anything I've read since completing college and didn't take many then). This isn't just a "Hiking the A.T." book. This is a book on living life to it's fullest and how to laugh in the face of misery. Do as Zach says, not as he sometimes does(read the book)!!
I live about 45 minutes from Springer Mtn. I'm in these woods often doing short 4-5 day section hikes by myself(my preference). Have met many people on the trail. Everything Zach talks about in the book resonates truth. There's no sugar coating or embelishing life on the trail in this book. I couldn't tell you how many books I've read on hiking, gear, nature and social aspects of life on the trail. Never have I picked up a book like this one(read the book).
I often dream of doing a thru-hike while reading these stories. Living vicariously through the eyes of the author. I say that because I'm 50 years young. In descent shape for an old fart, have a job, wife, daughter in college(not cheap). It's just not the thing a responsible dude does, right. Wrong! After reading Zach's book, I've got a fire lit under my bum like never before.
Many of the lessons, and daily rituals Zach talks about(read the book), I currently practice. ie: meditation, acceptance, this too shall pass. I learned them from a little group I belong to that will remain anaonymous.
Well Zach, thanks for the shove. I'm doing this! I have the gear; I'll make the time; I've been section hiking for several years, and now, after reading your book, I know I have the mental fortitude to laugh in the face of misery.
Appalachian Trials: A Psychological and Emotional Guide To Thru-Hike the Appalachian Trail Preview
Link
Please Wait...