Grounded Author: R.K. Lilley | Language: English | ISBN:
B00BEL7AD4 | Format: EPUB
Grounded Description
Grounded, Book 3 in the Up In The Air Trilogy.
James and Bianca’s story draws to a close in the explosive conclusion to the Up In The Air Trilogy.
After a short but earnest courtship, Bianca can no longer deny her feelings for James, and though she’s tried her hardest, she can’t help but see that he cares deeply for her, as well. In a completely uncharacteristic move, she has put aside her misgivings and agreed to live with the enigmatic billionaire. Is her leap of faith the beginning of something wonderful, or is it too much, too fast?
As James and Bianca feel a growing need for each other that neither can deny, circumstances beyond their control intervene, trying to tear them apart. Amidst the ever mounting threat of a monster who wants Bianca dead, and the constant pitfalls of an indiscreet past that James can’t seem to escape, can these two passionate lovers manage to find their happily ever after?
- File Size: 530 KB
- Print Length: 380 pages
- Page Numbers Source ISBN: 061576567X
- Publisher: R.K. Lilley (February 10, 2013)
- Sold by: Amazon Digital Services, Inc.
- Language: English
- ASIN: B00BEL7AD4
- Text-to-Speech: Enabled
X-Ray:
- Lending: Enabled
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #1,785 Paid in Kindle Store (See Top 100 Paid in Kindle Store)
- #20
in Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Erotica > BDSM - #46
in Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Erotica > Romantic Erotica - #80
in Books > Literature & Fiction > Erotica
- #20
in Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Erotica > BDSM - #46
in Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Erotica > Romantic Erotica - #80
in Books > Literature & Fiction > Erotica
Awesome ending to an awesome series! I loved all 3 “Up In The Air” books and I highly recommend them to anyone that's a FSOG or BTY fan! Grounded is a wonderful conclusion to this series and soooo very satisfying.
James and Bianca are amazing characters and I could read about them forever, but I especially loved the secondary characters as well. The friendship and love between Bianca and Stephan is one of the best supporting relationships I've ever read. Some authors try to have a BFF intermixed in the story line somewhere and it mostly seems unauthentic, but Ms. Lilley superbly creates a friendship and devotion between Bianca and Stephan that is sweet and heartbreaking and really adds depth to the books overall.
I can't wait to read Tristan and Lana’s stories (hopefully soon) and check in on Mr. Beautiful and Buttercup too! :)
By TigerLily
MAY CONTAIN NON SPECIFIC SPOILERS
This book was troubling to me. I bought it the first day it was released - I like the author's writing and felt invested in the story. I enjoyed the closure and further development of the relationships but I was left with the feeling that the story just did not make sense. The actions of the hero did not align with his professed feelings... In fact, I was left feeling like this story might do a disservice to abuse victims by perpetuating the violence equals love belief.
For example, James was unhappy that Bianca was afraid of him, so he beats the tar out of her, leaving bruises that were referenced as still existing much later in the book. And she dares to go out for coffee alone - she must pay severely for that transgression. This doesn't convey romance and love, no matter what the author told us they were feeling.
The "hero" seemed not very different than the villain by the end of the book and the heroine just seemed pathetic - like a shell of who she was at the beginning of the relationship.
The author tried too hard to distinguish her story from the other sexy trilogies out now and went too far. The Up In the Air stories became less of a love story than a description of a powerful man becoming obsessed with a fragile woman and abusing her in the name of love. It was not sexy - it was uncomfortable and tragic because it brought to mind people in real life who may be similarly abused.
But hey, he had money, was hot and bought her friends so I guess we are to believe that it was happily ever after? Ugh. I like a good erotic romance with a possessive hero as much as any reader, but this story left me feeling dirty.
By Sushiflower
Grounded Preview
Link
Please Wait...