Wait for You Author: | Language: English | ISBN:
B00EKT90CQ | Format: PDF
Wait for You Description
The #1 New York Times and USA Today best-selling phenomenon
Some things are worth waiting for....
Traveling thousands of miles from home to enter college is the only way nineteen-year-old Avery Morgansten can escape what happened at that fateful Halloween party five years ago - an event that forever changed her life. What she never planned on was capturing the attention of the one guy who could shatter the precarious future she's building for herself.
Some things are worth experiencing....
Cameron Hamilton is six feet, three inches of swoon-worthy hotness, complete with a pair of striking blue eyes and a remarkable ability to make Avery want things she believed had been irrevocably stolen from her. Getting involved with him is dangerous. Yet ignoring the simmering tension that sparks between them - and brings out a side of her she never knew existed - is impossible.
Some things shouldn't be kept quiet....
But when Avery starts receiving threatening e-mails and phone calls, she's forced to face a past she wants to keep buried and acknowledge that someone is refusing to allow her to let go of that night when everything changed. If the devastating truth comes out, will she resurface with one less scar? And will Cam be there to help her?
And some things are worth fighting for....
- Audible Audio Edition
- Listening Length: 11 hours and 18 minutes
- Program Type: Audiobook
- Version: Unabridged
- Publisher: HarperAudio
- Audible.com Release Date: September 3, 2013
- Whispersync for Voice: Ready
- Language: English
- ASIN: B00EKT90CQ
With thousands of 5-star reviews all over Goodreads and Amazons and an overhyped fandom, Wait for You was one of new adult novels I was most looking forward to trying. While I did enjoy the book, I don't think--and this might put me on a blacklist with diehard Jennifer Armentrout fans--that it was all that mind-blowing. There is nothing surprising, nothing thrilling, and nothing intricate about this story, but it was, regardless, fun to follow.
Wait for You begins with a collision: the literal, head-on collision of two of the most overused archetypes in NA: the gorgeous-eyed reformed bad boy, Cam Hamilton, and the shy, painfully average new girl in town, Avery Morgansten. This "chance encounter"--as well as the revelation that the two happen to have their next class together, are randomly assigned as lab partners, and are neighbors, for Christ's sake--embodies their entire relationship throughout the novel; it's cheesy, it's contrived, and it's frequently the victim of (un)amused eye-rolling.
Cam is an absolute dreamboat, but he's too much of a fantasy guy. He's easy to fall in love with, so I loved his humor and swooned over the way he treats Avery, but he's too good to be true, with perfect looks, a perfect family, perfect friends, an unrealistically considerate respect for a woman's body and virtue, etc., which made everything about him hard to believe.
Our narrator Avery is genuine, and likable for the na?ve wide-eyed virgin-type, but honestly just doesn't have a fun personality. Humor is often lost on her, she's jumpy as hell, and she's awfully bipolar (i.e. pushes Cam away then throws a fit when he stays away), so I overall found her frustrating.
As many will know from my proclamations of it over and over again Jennifer L. Armentrout (writing, in this instance, as J. Lynn) is one of my most favourite authors of all time- essentially I think that she has the Midas touch of writing, everything she writes turns to gold. However, I must admit that this is my least favourite of hers. However, that is to not say that it is bad.
My largest complaint about this book is it uniqueness. Namely, I think that it is entirely lacking in it. I have consumed what might be considered an unhealthy amount of New Adult (NA) as of late and I found this to be far too similar to what is already out there on the market (Chelsea Cameron's "My Favourite Mistake", especially). Essentially this book has all of the tropes associated with the NA genre- there is a female character who is broken thanks to something that happened to her in her past (something stemming from an encounter with a male), a playerish, "bad boy" male with tattoos dripping off of his eight pack, snarky and witty banter between the two in their love/ hate relationship, the eventual falling into one another's bed (where they stay for MUCH of the novel), everything perfectly wrapped up at the end of the novel, almost as if presented with a fancy bow, and a glaringly obvious set-up for a companion novel.
That being said, I really did enjoy the characters- Cam, especially. He was beyond sweet, caring, and understanding, oftentimes when he didn't have to be due to the way in which Avery treated him. I also did really enjoy the secondary characters, Brit, Jacob, and Ollie- I thought that they brought a much needed lightness/ humor to the novel. Additionally, this book is HOT- one of the hottest NAs that I have ever read before.
Wait for You Preview
Link
Please Wait...