The Rider's Fitness Program: 74 Exercises & 18 Workouts Specifically Designed for the Equestrian Author: Visit Amazon's Dianna Robin Dennis Page | Language: English | ISBN:
1580175422 | Format: EPUB
The Rider's Fitness Program: 74 Exercises & 18 Workouts Specifically Designed for the Equestrian Description
Review
"...a comprehensive assortment of exercises to motivate any rider to get fit."
-
Chronicle of the HorseFrom the Back Cover
You're just six weeks away from world-class strength, balance, and flexibility!
Being strong and fit is the key to achieving the ultimate goal of oneness with your horse. Now, with The Rider's Fitness Program, you can practice skills at home or in the gym that will bring you closer to this goal when you're in the saddle.
This unique, six-week workout routine is designed specifically for equestrians. Each exercise will help you build the strength, endurance, and skills that will enhance your riding experience.
Novice and weekend riders will appreciate the exercises designed to reduce aches and pains and prevent injuries. Returning riders will find that these workouts refresh their muscles' memory until they are up to speed again. And experts will discover new ways to hone their skills off the horse.
No matter where you stand on the riding spectrum, The Rider's Fitness Program will help you get in shape—physically, mentally, and emotionally.
See all Editorial Reviews
- Paperback: 224 pages
- Publisher: Storey Publishing, LLC (November 15, 2004)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1580175422
- ISBN-13: 978-1580175425
- Product Dimensions: 10.9 x 8.5 x 0.6 inches
- Shipping Weight: 1.4 pounds (View shipping rates and policies)
As a week-end rider, I eagerly anticipated the release of this book because I wanted to target my riding muscles to help me improve.
The first disappointment came when I realized I needed to belong to a gym. They do give you home alternatives for some, not all, of the exercises but many are not workable, requiring anchor points at specific heights for the resistance band alternatives. I supposed I could tap a bunch of screw eyes into one wall and the ceiling, but I bet my landlord wouldn't be too happy!
There was also a pretty complete set of equipment you were expected to own; benches, free weights, weight bars, ankle and wrist weights, exercise balls, medicine balls, resistance bands, tilt boards, rollers, etc. The helpful web link to sources of the equipment took me straight to one of the author's equipment sales web page. I had about half the equipment needed and am being resourceful for the things I don't have. Free weights, exercise balls, medicine balls, resistance bands and tilt boards are all going to be needed.
The second disappointment was most of the exercises were the same old same old. Some of them were packaged a bit differently and toward the end of the six week series, the exercises look more interesting, combining strength, balance and posture in one exercise. (I have read the whole book and have completed week one)
At first, I thought the layout of the book was a bit awkward, but as I began to use it, it bacame clear the variations in routine (One of the things I really like about the book) makes the layout necessary. There is a warm-up/stretch section without a lot of instruction, so I just used what I thought was appropriate for that days workout.
The Rider's Fitness Program: 74 Exercises & 18 Workouts Specifically Designed for the Equestrian Preview
Link
Please Wait...